This banana berry smoothie is so thick and creamy that it’s meant to be served in a bowl and eating with a spoon. Filled with brain boosting ingredients, not only is it delicious but it’s nutritious as well.
5 Foods for Better Brain Health
We are focused on spreading information regarding brain health in 2022. Dementia cases are increasing and experts estimate that there are currently 6 million Americans suffering from Alzheimer’s Disease.
We previously shared more detail here about the Connection Between the Mediterranean Diet and Alzheimer’s Disease.
While there aren’t any singular foods that can miraculously cure dementia, research believes there are certain foods that may help improve brain function, when eating in combination with a healthy, balanced diet.
These foods include –
- Dark Green Leafy Vegetables
- Fatty Fish/Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Tea and Coffee
Improving Brain Function with Memore
We’ve been partnering with Memore for 6 months now and are devoted fans. Memore is a nutritional functional beverage (think daily greens powder) that uses real food ingredients to create products that support brain health while filling in nutritional gaps in your everyday diet.
How are they different from other products on the market? Simple – they use real ingredients. Things like –
- sweet potatoes
They also focus on making products that focus on disease prevention rather than treatment. Plus they are safe for the whole family to use. A win, win if you’ve ever tried to get kids to eat spinach, beets or flaxseed.
Plus just one serving of Memore is an entire serving of dark green leafy veggies! It’s easy and convenient.
If you want to try Memore for yourself, you can use the code “DomesticDietitian” at checkout to get 30% off your order.
Link – Memore
Code – Domestic Dietitian
Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl
The ingredients in this smoothie bowl are pretty simple but designed to offer many health benefits and create a delicious tasting smoothie as well.
- Spinach – a handful of leafy greens because you can never have enough greens in our opinion
- Frozen Blueberries – antioxidant powerhouses, these little super foods are chock full of nutrients and offer great flavor and color to this smoothie bowl
- Almond Butter – a thick addition that also offers a bit of protein
- Flax seed – love adding this to my kid’s smoothies because one if allergic to fish so it’s a good way to get in Omega 3 fatty acids
- Frozen Strawberries – berries are great for brain health and have a lot of antioxidants
- Frozen Banana – great source of potassium and also makes this smoothie extra creamy in texture
+ 2 scoops of Memore, which offers an entire serving of dark green leafy vegetables, dietary fiber, plant based protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl
This Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl features brain boosting foods like leafy greens, flax and blueberries for a delicious addition to your day.
Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until thick and creamy. Pour into a bowl and garnish with fresh berries or drizzled almond butter if desired
Check out more about or order your own Memore here
“DomesticDietitian” gets you 30% off at checkout
More Smoothie Recipes
Check out some of our most recent smoothie recipes below –
(Visited 16 times, 2 visits today)
Last modified: March 17, 2022